DevSecOps for Managers
Course Learning Objectives
- Discover how DevOps emerged and how it’s continually growing.
- Recognize some of the challenges companies are likely to face when transitioning to DevOps.
- Learn how to create a DevSecOps strategy.
- Identify the initiatives involved in implementing the DevSecOps strategy.
- Classify which metrics and tools will aid you in transitioning to DevSecOps.
- Identify steps involved in integrating both the Development and Operations sides of DevSecOps.
This course is aimed at non-practitioners. Its purpose is to help managers and non-technical professionals understand what DevSecOps is. In this course, we’ll introduce and discuss DevOps before exploring how security fits into the picture. We’ll examine the benefits of a DevOps model, the difficulties in transitioning to it, and how to achieve DevSecOps.
Tailored learning - 30 minutes total
- What is DevSecOps?
- DevOps data
- What is DevOps?
- Where did DevOps come from?
- The shift to automation
- How methodologies changed
- Industry shifts bring new competition
- Unique implementations
- The challenges of implementing DevOps
- Lack of understanding
- Transition length
- Risk tolerance
- How security fits into DevOps?
- How does security fit in?
- Security strategy
- Define your organization and its goals
- Define your key metrics
- Choose your security tools
- Implementing the strategy
- Implementing the strategy (Dev side)
- Implementing the strategy (Ops side)
- Measure success
DVP101S - DevSecOps for Managers