Course Learning Objectives
- Understand the security risks when developing and deploying applications in Node.js.
Implement defensive coding techniques and configurations to support secure coding for Node.js.
Understand the critical vulnerabilities in the OWASP Top 10 and see how these vulnerabilities can affect Node.js projects. Students will also learn to define and identify secure code, differentiate between secure coding methods, employ secure code in practice, and judge the effectiveness of these techniques.
Node.js developers / Web developers
Tailored learning - 60 minutes total
- Broken Authentication and Session Management
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Security Misconfiguration
- Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Using Components with Known Vulnerabilities